Fountain of Youth 2018 National Yearling and Two Year Old
APPROVED AUSTRALIAN STOCK HORSE SALE
Sunday, 4th March 2018 – AELEC, Tamworth – NSW
Parade: Saturday 3rd March – 4.00 PM – Sale: Sunday 4th March – 2.00 PM
PRESTIGIOUS SALE FOR YOUNG HORSES – WHERE SUCCESS BEGINS
The sale will be held in conjunction with the ASHS National Show from 2nd to 10th March 2018, at AELEC Tamworth in NSW. We look forward to horse enthusiasts attending the sale as a vendor or purchaser and/or show as a competitor, volunteer or spectator. The National Show will feature the Fountain of Youth Horse Sale and offers some of the best young Australian Stock Horse bloodlines available.
The sale offers a chance to secure a quality performance horse for the future. The Australian Stock Horse Society is excited to again partner with the selling agents, Landmark, in continuing to build this prestigious young horse sale and offer exclusive competitions and incentives for horses purchased at this Sale.
BUY … COMPETE … WIN
$10,000 OF INCENTIVES AVAILABLE
NATIONAL FUTURITY – SALE INCENTIVES valued at $10,000 (Conditions Apply):
- Purchaser may be eligible to claim Sale Incentive Prizemoney for the Highest Placed Fountain of Youth Sale horses in the National Futurity: 1st – $4,000, 2nd – $2,000 and 3rd – $1,000.
- The vendor of the highest placed Fountain of Youth horses in the National Futurity Overall becomes eligible to claim the Sale Incentive Bonus of: 1st – $1,500, 2nd – $1,000 and 3rd – $500.
- The National Futurity nomination fee for the horse will be eligible for a $90.00 discount.
The sale will be livestreamed and will be able to viewed at www.ashsnationals.com.au
Online Bidders must contact the agent prior to the sale to register their bidding details.
The sale parade will be held on Saturday afternoon, allowing opportunity for prospective purchasers to re-watch the parade livestream and inspect sale lots. The sale horses will be stabled in F Block, for exposure to the pedestrian traffic between the campdraft and main arenas. Stabling is provided to 9.00 am, Monday 5th – it is the responsibility of the new owner (or, if not sold the vendor) to remove the horse from the stable or pay additional stabling at the AELEC office if the horse is remaining in the stable.
All horses are Registered Australian Stock Horses and transfer is guaranteed to Financial Members of the Australian Stock Horse Society. The Transfer Fee is not the responsibility of the purchaser, as it will be automatically deducted from the vendor’s sale proceeds. If the purchaser of a horse is a non-member, the purchaser is entitled to a free full membership for the remainder of the current membership year, provided the purchaser has never had a previous membership with the Society.
Many past Fountain of Youth sale horses have had a successful performance careers and this years’ sale provides an opportunity for people to purchase a quality performance horse for the future. The Australian Stock Horse Journal has previously featured a number of these successful past sale horses. The success of the sale is continually growing with sale averages being consistent and top priced horses achieving a good result. Click here for Past Sale Results.
The minimum start up price for bidding is set at $1,500. Commission will be payable by the vendor to the Auctioneer in respect of each Lot catalogued and sold. This applies from day of sale to 14 days after the advertised sale date, whether sold at Auction or Private Treaty.
Australian Stock Horse Society
Phone: +61 2 6545 1122
Sale Agent: Landmark Equine
Telephone: +61 2 6765 5211
Contacts: Mark Barton 0419 488 256, Joel Fleming 0467 725 195 or Hannah Murray 0428 658 395
We look forward to seeing you on Sunday 4th March to support the 2018 Fountain of Youth Sale
Past Sales Results
2017 SALE RESULTS: 42 sold – Gross: $244,500 – Average: $5,821
- Top Priced Filly: Lot 33 – PIMPAMPA JANIE – $17,000 (HAZELWOOD CONMAN – HSH X PIMPAMPA ACRESHAY)
- Top Priced Colt: Lot 34 – GLEN LEE MANUKA – HSH – $16,000 (PALMERS NAVAHO – HSH X GLEN LEE YOGHURT – HSH)
- Top Priced Gelding: Lot 39 – KAYPEHAICH MACATOO – $12,500 (BRYJEN FORT TALON X KAYPEHAICH MY MISS ACRE)
- Full results click here
2016 SALE RESULTS: 59 sold – Gross: $295,500 – Average: $5,008
- Top Priced Filly: Lot 29 – BULLSEYE RUBY ROSE and Lot 75 – ROYALLE INXS – $15,000
- Top Priced Colt: Lot 26 – SHADOWPARK XRATED – $7,000
- Lot 92 – MIAVIEW CONMARK – $8,500
2015 SALE RESULTS: 50 sold – Gross: $280,950 – Average: $5,619
- Top Priced Filly: Lot 5 DENMARK ABILEEN – HSH $14,500
- Top Priced Colt: Lot 31 GLEN LEE ENCRYPTION – HSH $26,000
- Top Priced Gelding: Lot 12 TODDS SAFTEYNET – HSH $11,000
2014 SALE RESULTS: 51 sold – Gross: $247,750 – Average: $4,858
- Top Priced Filly: Lot 20 BULLSEYE ANNIE ACRES GET YAGUN – MB $18,000
- Top Priced Colt: Lot 66 TARRAWAY JACKSON – HSH $8,000
- Top Priced Gelding: Lot 13 DOONGARA POWER KING – LH $10,000
2013 SALE RESULTS: 45 sold – Gross: $238,000 – Average: $5,288
- Top Priced Fillies: Lot 50 DAVROS DIMENSION – LH $16,000
Lot 78 BULLSEYE STARLIGHT – LH $16,000
- Top Priced Colt: Lot 13 HAYDON ACRES – MB $6,000
- Top Priced Gelding: Lot 33 PLAYMORE HIGH ROLLER – LH $6,000
2012 SALE RESULTS: 66 sold – Gross: $327,500 – Average: $4,962
- Top Priced Filly Lot 105 DAVROS DESTINY $20,000
- Top Priced Colt Lot 55 NANDEYE TIDES $11,000
- Top Priced Gelding Lot 95 PLAYMORE FUTURE LAD $5,000
2011 SALE RESULTS: 65 sold – Gross: $351,650 – Average: $5,410
- Top Priced Filly Lot 42 ELIE MAY $14,500
- Top Priced Colt Lot 3 OBRIENS CREDETTE $21,500
- Top Priced Geldings Lot 15 JINDALEE USAIN $6,000
Lot 95 DOONGARA BLACK N READY $6,000
Conditions for APPROVED ASH SALES
The SOCIETY REGULATIONS for Approved ASH Sales (including Vendor, Organiser and Agent Responsibilities), Drugs Policy and Identification of Horses are available from Head Office or the Society’s Website – www.ashs.com.au
Additional Conditions for the Fountain of Youth Sale
- ONLY horses born between 1st August 2015 and 31st July 2017 are eligible for nomination. If the horse’s registration has not been finalised by the close of nominations, the nomination cannot be accepted.
- All horses must be led ONLY, not ridden. Any person involved with handling the horse on day of sale, within the perimeter of the grounds; ie, strapper, handler, trainer, rider and the like must be a Competition Eligible Financial Member of the Society. Temporary Membership will not be offered for this event.
- If there are more than 100 horses nominated in the sale, vendors may be limited to a maximum of two nominations.
- Fees in relation to the nomination are not refundable. The minimum start up price for bidding is set at $1,500.
- A Society Inspector appointed for sale must inspect each horse prior to being paraded for the sale. Inspections will be conducted between 8.00 am and 11.30 am on the day prior to the sale (Saturday 3rd). It is the responsibility of the owner to ensure that the horse is presented for inspection.
- The National Futurity nomination fee for the horse will be eligible for a $90.00 discount. The purchaser is responsible for ensuring that the Nomination Fee for the National Futurity is made to The Australian Stock Horse Society by the required date for the horse to be eligible to compete in the National Futurity.