1. Test Your iCompete Login Now
If you have previously nominated for the 2018 National Show you should be able to simply login to iCompete using your email address and password. You will not be able to nominate until the open date but you can test your account is setup. There is a forgotten password retrieval system available online. Please note this password may not be your ASH Membership Password.
2. New Competitors – Create an Account
Visit the iCompete website to set up your account ready for nominations to open. Click here for setup instructions. You will need to have your ASHS Membership Number and ASHS Password handy to link the accounts to iCompete. If your ASH password starts with a zero (0) please remove this when linking to your iCompete account. To retrieve your ASHS Password phone us on 02 6545 1122.
1. Can I only nominate my own horse?
No, you can select any Competition Eligible horse or someone else can login using their own account details and nominate for you. We encourage Members not to distribute their password to anybody.
2. Does the rider need to be a financial ASHS Member?
Yes, the rider and owner must be a current Member or must become a Member of the Society to nominate. The Members must renew for 2019 prior to the 31st January 2019.
3. Am I eligible for Novice Hack or Working Classes?
The ASHS horse status definition for a Hack or Working Class is as per rule – A horse remains a Novice until it has won three Novices or an Open Hack class at any show, open gymkhana or similar event, except wins in youth, consolation or restricted age classes (see below). Any horse that wins an Open Championship or Supreme regardless of age will no longer be a Novice horse. RESTRICTED AGE CLASS – A restricted age event stipulates a maximum age for entries as 4 years and under and the event does not affect the competition status of a horse. A horse will not change its competition status in hack classes by winning a hack section in a Futurity, Maturity or Challenge or an event restricted to entries from the local area or district. (See section 4 – point 8 for the complete competition status regulations)
4. Will Horses be inspected prior to competing?
Yes, please ensure that your horse is correctly branded and that the brand is visible including the identification brand and the age numbers.
5. Do I need to nominate a Volunteer? It is a compulsory condition of entry. Each Competitor/Handler will be charged a $50 bond which will be refundable when a minimum of 2 hours volunteering has been completed. A volunteer must be nominated for show entry to be accepted. You may volunteer yourself. Aspiring Judges are encouraged to pencil.
6. How much prizemoney is up for grabs?
Over $180,000 in cash and prizes will be on offer. This includes a massive $38,000 increase in the featured events. Don’t miss out on the 2019 event. Get ready to nominate.