National Show Volunteers
A big THANK YOU to all our dedicated volunteers who help the committee run such a wonderful show! You were wonderful and we couldn’t do it without you.
To be part of the action – sign up here. There are lots of jobs that we need your help with – they range from pencilling to building competition courses – there is literally something for everyone. A brief list and description are below, whether you are a seasoned campaigner or a novice to the National Show we would appreciate your assistance. New volunteer or nominated by a competitor provide us with some details about when you are available and your preferences for jobs – the more information we have, the more likely we are to be able to find the right job for you.
- Campdraft Steward – check competitors at the gate prior to entry into camp – a great way to meet lots of competitors
- Gate Steward (Campdraft) – opening and closing the gate on the face of the camp – need to be highly mobile
- Yard Assistant – help with the cattle movement in the backyard at the Campdraft – need to be highly mobile and familiar with cattle handling techniques
- Marshaller – Keeps the show running – check competitors entering the rings, help direct traffic – a great way to be close to the action
- Gear Steward – check competitors are complying with rules regarding tack – good attention to detail required
- Penciller (Show, Campdraft & Dressage) – is in the ring with the Judge recording the scores – involves writing
- Scorer – is in the ring adding the Judges scores and providing them to the Show Office – involves using a calculator
- Runner – runs the scores from the ring to the Show Office – involves being on your feet
- Course Builder – sets-up the pattern/arena prior to Judging – involves some lifting
- Course Supervisor – maintains the obstacles during the class between competitors if anything is dislodged – may involve some lifting
- Show Office Assistant – help the office out with general enquires – a great way to meet lots of competitors
- Hospitality – help provide meals and snacks to our Judges and other volunteers – making friends a must
- Set-up and Tear-down – help pack and unpack all the equipment required for the running of the Show – involves some lifting but is mostly outside Competition hours.